Talking to Your Doctor
Whether it's you or a loved one scheduled for surgery, you probably have many questions about the upcoming procedure.
To make sure you're well prepared, you should develop a list of questions to ask the surgeon or member of the surgical team at your pre-operation appointment. These questions may be a useful start to your list:
- How long will my surgery be?
- How long will I be under anesthetic?
- How long will I spend in recovery?
- What should I bring to the hospital?
- Should I take my medications as usual the day before or day of surgery?
- Should I continue or discontinue my blood thinners (such Aspirin and Plavix)?
- What are the most common complications seen in this surgery?
- Do you often see surgical site infections with this type of surgery?
- Am I at higher risk for a surgical site infection than others?
- Will I be given prophylactic antibiotics?
- Is there anything that I can do to help prevent a surgical site infection?
- Is there anything I shouldn't do?
- Where can my family wait for me to come out of surgery?
It’s a good idea to write down your questions before your appointment with your surgeon so that you’re sure to remember all of them.
Your surgeon may not know about Collatamp G. The product is new to Canada, and the hospital where you're receiving your surgery may not yet carry it. If you believe that you classify as a high-risk surgical patient, you can:
- Speak with your surgeon or a member of your surgical team about your medical options.
- Direct a member of your surgical team to the physicians' section on our website or print the information and take it to your next appointment.
- Have them email or contact us at:
- [email protected] or
If you have questions you'd like us to answer, send us an email or give one of our customer representatives a call. We can't provide any medical advice (that's what your doctor is for), but we're happy to answer any questions you might have, and tell you if Collatamp G is being used at your hospital. You can reach us at [email protected] or 289-350-1062.